Includes PM From BD and Guaranteed Installable under BD Service Contract
Upgraded to IIu and Added Violet laser in 2014
The new BD FACSAria II cell sorter improves ease of use, flexibility, and aseptic capability to make it the best choice for consistent results in sorting across a broad range of applications. The heart of this cell sorting revolution is the true fixed-alignment flow cell, gel-coupled to the collection optics. Fixed alignment minimizes startup time and improves reproducibility. Gel coupling to the objective lens improves collection efficiency and increases the sensitivity and resolution needed for multicolor applications.
The BD FACSAria II cell sorter advances cell sorting with multiple improvements. A new fluidics design improves aseptic setup and cleaning. New nozzle sizes enable a wide range of particles to be sorted. Software improvements dramatically cut the time spent on cytometer setup, adjustment, and maintenance.
The BD FACSAria II cell sorter also sets a new standard for ease of use to improve both workflow and productivity. A new nozzle design allows for reproducible insertions. A new universal sort tube collection mount makes it easier to insert and remove tube holders. Software wizards and automation simplify aseptic sort setup, drop-delay determination, and clog detection. Compatibility with BD digital analyzers makes it easier to move from analysis to cell sorting.
- 3 lasers
- Blue 7PMTs, Red 3PMTs, Violet 3 PMTs
- Computer w/ FACSDiva 8 Software
- 2 monitors
- Fluidics Cart
- Temperature Control
- Lauda Chiller
- Measurements performed at 70 psi and 90 kHz using SPHERO Rainbow Calibration Particles (RCP-30-5A)
- FITC: 125 molecules of equivalent soluble fluorochrome (MESF-FITC)
- PE: 125 molecules of equivalent soluble fluorochrome (MESF-PE)
- Coefficient of variation (CV)
- PI: Area, <3.0%, full G0/G1 peak for propidium iodide (PI)-stained chicken erythrocyte nuclei (CEN)
- Hoechst: Area, <3.5%, full G0/G1 peak for Hoechst-stained CEN
- Doublet/singlet ratio:
- CEN stained with PI: 1.95–2.05 (off the 488-nm laser) or Hoechst: 1.95–2.05 (off the 405-nm laser)
Forward and Side Scatter Sensitivity
- Sensitivity enables separation of fixed platelets from noise, identification of bacteria, and detection of 0.5-micron beads.
Forward and Side Scatter Resolution
- Scatter performance is optimized for resolving lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes.
Sample Acquisition Rate
- Maximum acquisition rate (events per second) with 12 compensation pairs and 8 parameters: 70,000.