Description: The DO308 drying oven is ideal for accurate water determination of solid or viscous samples like:
- Substances that release water only at elevated temperatures such as plastics in powder or granular form
- Substances that cause side reactions with Karl Fischer reagent such as oxidizing inorganic salts
- Substances that cause problems in the titration vessel due to their consistency such as fibrous or pasty substances
- Substances that are poorly soluble or insoluble such as wool, dough, tar or coal
- Temperature range: 40 – 300 °C
- Temperature accuracy: ±5 °C (@300°C)
- Footprint housing: 256 x 180 mm
- Dimensions overall: 500 x 220 mm
- Voltage (auto selection): 100 … 230 VAC
- Max. power consumption: 450 W
- Height: 390 mm
- Weight: 9.1 kg
Features and Benefits
- Easy and fast manual handling – Easy handling for left and right handed operators. Sample exchange and sample transport into the heated zone of the oven is provided for by the simple transport system with a magnetic guide rod attached to the glass sample boat.
- Equilibrium conditions are quickly reached – The cold and the hot zone can be purged separately with dry carrier gas using a stopcock. Ambient moisture introduced during sample exchange or addition via the sleeve opening is quickly carried away. Therefore, a stable drift is reached within a short period of time.
- Enhanced operational safety – There is no need to remove the transfer tube from the titration cell after switching off the oven; just open the stopcock to avoid contamination of the oven due to underpressure. Different temperature ranges can be pre-programmed in one cycle. Safety is further improved by automatic shut down after the analysis is completed.
- Ready for use – All necessary parts including the drying unit with gas flow measurement are part of the standard delivery. If purging with dry air is desired, an optional air pump is available.