384 Well Block
The optical module houses the excitation system and the detection system. The Excitation system consists of a fan-cooled 50 watt tungsten halogen lamp a heat filter (infrared absorbing glass) a 6 position filter wheel fitted with optical filters and opaque filter “blanks” and dual mirror arrangement that allows simultaneous illumination of the entire sample plate.
The excitation system of the BioRad iCycler PCR Thermal Cycler is physically located on the right front corner of the optical module with the lamp shining from right to left perpendicular to the instrument axis. Light originates at the lamp passes through the heat filter and a selected color filter and is then reflected onto the plate in the thermal cycler by a set of mirrors. This light source excites the fluorescent molecules in the wells.
- Unique modular design for maximum flexibility and sensitivity
- Methods that enable a choice of PCR chemistry
- Outstanding thermal performance from the iCycler thermal cycler
- Gradient functionality for rapid assay optimization
- Easy-to-use software for efficient accurate data analysis
- Compatibility with outstanding PCR supermixes that provide optimum performance in real-time PCR assays