The new Vi-CELL Series Cell Viability Analyzers provide an automatic and cost effective means to perform the trypan blue dye exclusion method. This data is essential to the decision making process for basic tissue culture cell passage and maintaining optimum culture conditions in bioreactors. Cell and tissue culture applications in life science research, including recombinant protein and biopharmaceutical production, require the accuracy, precision and automation available only in the Vi-CELL cell viability analyzer.
The Vi-CELL automates the widely accepted trypan blue cell exclusion method. Historically, cell viability determinations were performed manually using a light microscope and hemacytometer. This technique has major shortcomings due to subjective determination of cell count, as well as manual, time consuming steps. In comparison to the manual technique, the Vi-CELL automatically performs the trypan blue with video imaging of the flow-through cell. Results are obtained in minutes.
- Computer w/ Software
- Automation of the standard trypan blue assay
- % Viability
- Total cell concentration
- Total viable cell concentration
- Mean cell size
- Real time cellular images
- Bioprocess monitoring
- Validated reagents
- Convenient reagent pack
The Vi-CELL XR offers additional benefits over the S and AS Models:
- Extended size range to 2 microns, allowing additional analyses of yeast, and smaller cells.
- Increased sample throughput with greater efficiency.
- Reduced sample volume results in less reagent use.
- Auto focus capability increases instrument ease of use.
- Variable aspiration and mixing cycles optimize results.
- Enhanced image magnification provides unparalleled cellular detail.
- Circularity measurement helps isolate debris from cells.
- Analysis Time: < 2.5 min
- Capacity: Single or 12 position via autoloader
- Concentration Range: 5 x 10^4 to 1 x 10^7 cells/mL
- Counting Accuracy: ± 6%
- Depth: 41 cm (16 in)
- Digitizing Resolution: 1394 x 1040
- Height: 44.5 cm (17.5 in)
- Imaging Technology: Auto-focus CCD array, Firewire camera
- Instrument Type: Video image through a quartz flow cell
- Overall Analysis Range: Size Range: 2 µm – 70 µm
- Sample Volume: 0.5 mL
- Temperature: 10°C to 40°C (50°F to 104°F)
- Viability Range: 0 to 100%
- Weight: 11.3 kg (25 lb)
- Width: 38 cm (15 in)